Julie Ray is a massage therapist at Penrith Osteopathy
As a massage therapist Julie has seen many people benefit from massage. Although Julie treats painful conditions such as wry neck, frozen shoulder sciatica, back pain, she believes the real value of massage is that it can pick up muscle imbalances and minor problems and then massage can sort these out before they become a major concern.
Julie brings a wealth of experience having massaged in the hospital ward setting (SAH, Bankstown, Concord and Jamison Hospitals), at Hopewood Health Centre and in her own practice.
Julie first learnt Swedish massage as part of her nurses training at the Sydney Adventist Hospital, thirty years ago. Since then her passion for learning and helping people has taken her to many courses and Julie has a large tool bag of techniques, so that she can design a massage for your needs.
- 1981 Registered Nurse SAH
- 1983 Midwife Bankstown Hospital
- 1984 Dip Therapeutic Massage St George College of Natural Therapies
- 1998 Dip Remedial Massage Aust. Academy of Remedial Therapies
- 1999 Dip Aromatherapy The Aromatherapy Centre School
- 2001 Dip Chinese Acupressure (Tui Na) Chi Chinese Healing College
- 2002 Advanced Chinese Acupressure Massage Chi Chinese Healing College
- 2002 Certificate Thai Massage Sip Sen School of Trad. Thai Massage
- 2004 Manual Lymphatic Drainage (Basic & Therapy 1) Dr. Vodder School
- 2005 Bowen (NST) Institute of Applied Health Services
- 2006 Advanced Bowen (NST) Institute of Applied Health Services
- 2007 Hot Stone Massage Blue Mountains Tafe